Out of BIOD

I sold my remaining BIOD today at $4.73. I was really trying to avoid a repeat of my experience with DCTH earlier this year. In that instance I sold my initial 50% at +53% and the remainder at +6%. Not sure I did all that better with BIOD – the first 50% saw an improvement of 115% on the purchase price. Today’s sale of the remaining 50% yielded a 75% return. Can’t complain too much about the combined 95% return – but I wonder if there is a way that I can better protect gains.

A fairly ugly day all round. Everything I am looking at is red. ZLCS collapsing a bit in the afternoon after a flat morning while APPY has lost the decent gains it was showing in the morning.



Huge BIOD move over the last few days. Just sold half of my position at $5.84. That is 115% higher than my entry price of $2.71 on April 3rd. Will continue to hold the remainder as it approaches data.



Super volatile day

Today opened very strongly for my two holdings building on yesterday’s momentum. Yesterday APPY closed at $1.53 – a great 11% move up from the previous day’s close at $1.38. BIOD also had a great day closing up 8% at $4.74. Based on that, my portfolio here hit a new high of $575K (indexed, as always, to the day I started tracking on this site).

APPY gapped up today and hit $1.62 soon after the opening. If gradually fell back and closed down 3.3% at $1.48.











BIOD similarly had a great first 15 minutes hitting $5.09 before eventually closing flat at $4.76. So I ended up with a down day. Holding on to both and hoping that BIOD will be able to break through the $5 barrier that it seems to have been struggling with. I am currently up 75% with BIOD and 16% with APPY.


Adding some positions

I am adding two positions to the portfolio today: BIOD and RIGL. Both have trial results coming out later this year.

BIOD trades very thinly and it will take me a couple of days to get a full position in place. It has been trading in a narrow $0.35 range for the last 10 weeks or so. I am anticipating/hoping for a breakout as interest drives volume and price ahead of the phase 2 results of its ultra-fast acting insulin, BIOD-123 sometime in Q3. In today at $2.75.

RIGL is awaiting results from the OSKIRA trials of its drug, fostamatinib, in RA. AZ is conducting the trials and expects to release data in Q2. I am in this morning at $7.32.